Hi iForm Community,
We've heard feedback from various customers about the need for a grid-style form of data entry. Through discussions, we've put together a write-up that could potentially be a new element. We'd like to hear from you.
How do you collect this style of data currently? How would you use the new element? Are there potential challenges with the initial proposal?
Our team is always busy improving the platform, so let us know if this proposal would bring great value to your data collection needs and we'll respond accordingly.
This element will have the following components:
- Question/Prompt. The prompt that describes the response values and relates the dimensions to a common point.
- Response values. The list of possible response values for each dimension.
- Dimensions. The sub-aspects of the original question prompt which are answered independently.
The element would display in-line similar to a Select element with response values and dimensions displayed in a table below the element's label, which serves as the question/prompt.
To select a response, the radio button will be pressed on the screen and will fill black to indicate a selection.
- For dimensions that have long text, multiple lines and/or ellipses can be used
- For response values, option lists can be selected, possibly limiting the number of options.
- If we choose to allow multiple selections per dimension, checkboxes can replace radio buttons.
Configuration & Storage
The Matrix element will be configured by selecting an Option Lists for response values and dimensions.
On the app, the data would be stored as an Object with key values used as identifier and value.
"Ease of Use": "Poor",
Key values that include a space or begin with a number could cause challenges with dot notation matrix_element.Ease of Use however, bracket notation should be okay matrix_element['Ease of Use']
- Unique Response: A response value can only be selected by a single dimension. Useful for ranking multiple dimensions.
- Multiple Responses: A dimension can have multiple response values.
Please sign in to leave a comment.