iFormBuilder Web Map View
- Important Dates
- Why is this happening?
- Am I affected?
- What is considered a "map view"?
- How many Web Map Views are provided each month?
- What do I do if I need more Web Map Views?
- What if I need assistance?
Important Dates to Remember:
|Announced on||Deprecation||Classic Map View Shut Off|
|October 17, 2018||November 17, 2018||TBD|
PLEASE NOTE: Deprecation simply means we will no longer be developing any enhancements or bug fixes to the classic map view. You will still be able to use the classic map view until the shut-off date which has yet to be determined.
Why is this happening?
Our new Web Map View includes the following functionality:
- New basemaps leveraging MapBox technology.
- The ability to select points on a screen by drawing shapes around those points.
- The ability to assign records to users from the Map-Based Record View.
- Dynamic table view inside the map to view data in the selected records.
- Filter records based on certain criteria.
- See which users are assigned which records.
- And more.
Have a look at this quick video walkthrough to see some of the cool stuff in action:
Am I affected?
Yes. All accounts will be enabled with the new Web Map View on a date which is yet to be determined. It is currently in BETA so be sure to try it out.
Click here for instructions on how to enable.
What is considered a "map view"?
A single map view is recorded when four tiles are loaded in the viewport. This happens when the Web Map View is initially loaded. As users interact with maps by panning or zooming, more tiles are loaded which means more map views are utilized.
PLEASE NOTE: When a user zooms past zoom 16, over zooming is available saving on tile loads.
Click here for more info on how MapBox calculates map views.
How many map views are provided each month?
The number of monthly map views you have is based on the type of account you have. Any accounts which are the Team Plan a lower (accounts that reside on app.iformbuilder.com) are given 500 map views per month. Business plans and higher (accounts with a Dedicated Database) are given 2,000 maps views per month to allocate across your profiles.
- Team Plan (and lower): 500 web map views per month
- Business Plan (and higher): 2,000 web map views per month
What do I do if need more map views per month?
Additional Web Map Views can be purchased by contacting our Support Team to discuss your map view needs.
What if I need assistance?
Please contact us via the chat, or send an email to our Support Team with any additional questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.