PLEASE NOTE: If you are on iformbuilder.com, please contact us at email@example.com to get your plug set up.
Here you will find the list of plugs that are authorized for use with your company with the following attributes. The plug name can be changed as well what profiles are assigned to the plug.
Any box that is selected in the Allow Sync column will be brought down the next time the plug syncs to the cloud.
- Name: The name of the plug, which is editable.
- Hardware Address: The mac address of the plug.
- Profile List: A list of all the profiles that are assigned to the plug.
- Last Sync Date: The last time the plug has synced to the cloud.
- Status: The outcome of the latest sync. The display will show if the plug was synced successfully or what error occurred during the sync.
- Assign: Used to change the name and assign a profile to the plug. Select a plug and press Assign.
Start Assigning Profiles
1. Sign in to your Dedicated Database (CompanyName.iformbuilder.com) as the Server Admin.
2. Under the "Server Admin" tab, select "ThunderPlug".
3. Click on the ThunderPlug you wish to update assignments for.
4. Click "Assign."
5. Under "Allow Sync," check off the profile boxes you wish to have synced to that plug.
6. Click "Update" when done.
If you want to remove a profile from the plug:
7. Uncheck the profile
8. After choosing which profiles to sync, press Update to save the changes in the Cloud.
9. You will need to run a Cloud Sync on the plug to see the changes brought down to the plug.
10. Select ThunderPlug Clean Up as the option when doing a Cloud Sync to fully remove any profiles that were deselected on the cloud.
Cloud Sync User
While a Server Admin role is needed to configure the Profile assignment on each plug (on the Cloud), a different user role was created to allow a non-admin users the rights to sync the plug back to the cloud from the field. This is typically the user which is responsible for the plug while it is in the field.
To give a user rights to perform a Cloud Sync on the Plug, please follow the steps below.
1. Sign-in to your Dedicated Database using your Server Admin log-in.
2. Under the "Server Admin" tab select "Manage Profiles" if the user you need to edit does not exist in the same profile as the Server Admin otherwise skip to Step 4.
3. Select (by clicking) on the Profile and then click on the icon "Manage." You should now be in that specific profile.
4. Choose the user(s) who will have rights to sync the ThunderPlug by going under the "Users" tab and select "Add/Edit Users."
* This is also where you ADD NEW USERS. *
5. Select a user to update and click the "Edit" button.
6. Check-off the "Right to Sync from the ThunderPlug." The user does not need any other rights such as Company Admin or Rights to Build Forms.
7. Click "Update" when complete. Do this for all applicable users that would need to sync that plug back to the cloud.