If you are having trouble creating a JWT, the example below can help you get started quickly.
1. Click on this link http://jwt.io/
2. Copy the JSON in bold below into the blue "Decoded" section.
- Replace "iss" with your client key from the API Apps section.
- Replace (company name) in the "aud" parameter with your private server URL.
- Replace "exp" with current unix time +5 minutes
- Replace "iat" with current unix time
3. Copy the Secret from the API Apps into the Secret section in the interface below.
4. Copy the Encoded value from the screen shot below and use this for your assertion parameter.
5. Using a REST client like POSTman, you need to send a request like the one below. Replace the "XXXXX" in the URL with your private DB name. The following two parameters are also required.
Grant type will always be equal to "urn:ietf:params:oauth:grant-type:jwt-bearer", and your assertion is the value you copied from step 4.
Set your for request type to POST, and make sure the parameters are "www-form-urlencoded" and hit send. If everything has been setup correctly you will get an access token returned in the response.
** The most common mistake is switching the IAT and EXP values, or waiting to long and the time window expires.