- What are the differences between the Excel exports XLSX and XLS?
- How do I download an XLSX file of my data?
What are the differences between the Excel exports XLSX and XLS?
There are some key changes which are noted below.
- Subform links navigate to the local record within the downloaded Excel workbook.
- Column limit per worksheet expanded beyond 256 (.xls limit).
- The flattened view composes all parent and child data onto a single row within the same worksheet.
- Images may be embedded in the Excel file rather than a hyperlink.
use version two of the View or Feed, highlight the form you want to export data for, and hold down the shift key, and click the Excel icon to the right of the HTML icon below.
A new window will pop up showing the URL, similar to the image below.
Copy the URL, and paste into the browser adding "V2" to the address after (/dataExcelView) as shown below. The output will follow version one of the Excel view and will be in (.xlsx) format instead of (.xls).
TIP: Save the customized URL as a bookmark in your browser to save time
Use a combination of the parameters below to customize the output to match your needs.
FLAT_VIEW=1 (Related parent and child data is output to a single row in the same worksheet)
FEED=1 (Returns record meta data, column names, and option key values)
ANALYTIC=1 (Option list values return the index of the selection rather than label or key value
INCLUDE_IMAGES=1 (images embedded in the document)
RAW_LINK=1 (URL to images embedded in the document)
To access the old views, simply highlight the form you want to export and click the appropriate icon for the format which matches your needs.