The BLUETHERM™ Probe is a bluetooth thermometer designed to read the temperature of an object and write the value to a form field (*NOTE* This only works on iOS). Click here for more information on the device.
There are 4 built-in commands used to display the output from the probe. In the examples below, the data column name of the temperature widget is called my_temperature_probe
- my_temperature_probe.celsius - temperature measured in Celsius
- my_temperature_probe.fahrenheit - temperature measured in Fahrenheit
- my_temperature_probe.celsiusWithUnit - temperature measured in Celsius with unit
- my_temperature_probe.fahrenheitWithUnit - temperature measured in Fahrenheit with unit
Follow the steps below to set up the BlueTherm Probe within your forms.
1. Open FormBuilder create a new widget. Select the input type called BlueTherm Temp Probe.
2. Choose a data column name you wish to use. In the example, we will use my_temperature_probe.
3. In the dynamic value of a text based widget,Read-Only for example, enter
my_temperature_probe.celsiusWithUnit (look above for additional options)
4. Ensure the BlueTherm Probe in connected to the device and then open the form. You should see the BlueTherm Probe widget look like this.
(will put picture here)
5. To take a temperature, press the button on the probe. You will see the temperature display in the text based widget on the device. The numbers may fluctuate as it is taking the correct temperature. When you are satisfied with the number shown, press the button again on the probe and it will no longer continue taking the temperature.