iFormBuilder Reference IDs
Reference ID's leverage special functions built into the platform. To use these functions, load FormBuilder and create a new form, or choose one from the existing library. If you are loading an existing form, hit the "Edit..." button located in the top right corner of the device view. If you are creating a new form, you will see the Form Properties window pop-up where you will enter the form name, label, and choose an icon. At the bottom of the form properties window you will see a section that has Reference ID text fields.
You can execute the following commands for different effects.
- Page Level: Reference ID 1
- Page Level: Reference ID 2
- Page Level: Reference ID 4
- Option Reference ID
- Element Reference ID
page level reference Id
- (Only one record can be submitted for that specific date. If a user submits a record on 9/26/11 11:59 PM then they would be able submit the next record on 9/27/11 12:01 AM)PAGETYPE_DAILYSUBMISSION
- (Form is only available on the device during this timeframe)PAGETYPE_TIMEAWARE=9:00-19:00
- (Only submit one record per form. If this flag is applied to a form that has one or more records collected you will not be able to collect any records from the device. )PAGETYPE_SINGLESUBMISSION
- (Prepopulate field data from last submitted record in new record. Need to have a local record on the device to create copy from. Turn off 'Delete on Upload' in Device Settings)PAGETYPE_NEWFROMLASTRECORD
- (Create new page for subform(s) in PDF reportPDF_SUBFORM_NEW_PAGE
PAGETYPE_SUBFORM_PAGING (deprecated in 8.5 release)
- (Changes the way a user navigates through a parent - subform structure. Add this reference ID to a container form.)
**When using this feature your form must only contain subforms
-(Shows data from specified fields in record view. The numbers represent the element index with the first element always beginning with 0)DISPLAYFIELD=0,1,2
***Note: When using this feature do not reference an element index value larger than the max element index on the form or you will not be able view data in record view.
These reference IDs are used to overide the device setting of delete on upload for the indiviudal form.
- This will ensure every record created on this form is deleted when the device syncs the record.
option list reference id
This flag should be used in scenarios where you have large (1,000+ option) smart lists broken into many different segments (25+). Lists that leverage this flag should only be used in a hierarchy with their related lists. The "group" of lists if you will may be assigned to more than one form, given the column names for the elements and logic requirements are the same. Once you have your lists setup, you need to select "Edit" and "Save Changes" in FormBuilder to trigger the indexing process. You may also need to do a clean local database on the device to update the list.
When using this flag, the record will take some extra time to load, but the list response will be nearly instant when implemented correctly. No added benefit will be noticed with smaller lists.
element reference id
- Element will not show up on your reports PDF, Excel, etc.ELEMENT_SKIP_REPORT
- Will print "Label" widget on PDF and E-mail reports.
- Element will not show on PDF Reports and Email Reports but will show in Data Views and Data Feeds.
- Upon pressing done on a multi-paging subform, it will open up a new subform record. When you are finished adding subform records, press cancel to return to the parent form. PLEASE NOTE: This Reference ID will be available upon the 8.0 release.
- Using this reference ID will disable the upgrade to Smart Table Search behavior which displays a list of options instead of having the user to key in the exact value they want to search for.