PLEASE NOTE: If you are having trouble getting a POST through, please have a look at this article for Trouble Shooting options.
Leveraging Post Data will require some technical skills in order to receive and manipulate and process the data.
What is Post Data?
Post Data is similar to the e-mail report in that it pushes a copy of the record data out of iFormBuilder to a user-defined web page (while maintaining the original record on the iFormBuilder database).
This action takes place every time a new record is successfully uploaded to the server, or an existing record is updated.
How do I create a Post Data endpoint?
To create an endpoint, please follow the instructions below.
Under Form Assignment you will see the table below (not supported for shared forms). Click the "New Endpoint" button to enter your POST destination details.
Enter the details for your web service and then click "Create Endpoint".
When the page reloads, you will see the high-level details of your endpoint listed in the table.
- Name: Name of the POST service
- Endpoint URL: The address iFormBuilder will send data to when a record is called for POST process
- Post Data Format: The data format you want delivered to the Endpoint (XML, JSON)
- Post Body Content Type: Encoding format of the data being send to Endpoint. Options will vary depending on Post Data Format
- Use Labels: With this option turned on, the data will use the column labels as tags instead of data column names.
- Error Email: An e-mail address that will receive an e-mail if the request fails after the number of retries is exceeded (5 days)
- Notification Email: An e-mail address that will receive an e-mail each time a request fails with a 400 or 500 level code and has not exceeded maximum number of tries for Guaranteed Delivery.
- Guaranteed Deliver: With this option turned on, when a POST request fails to reach the destination, it will be returned to a queue and will try again with the following schedule (1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 6 hours, 24 hours)
Multiple POST Destination – You are now able to post data to multiple endpoints. By allowing for more than one POST destination, data from records can meet multiple needs instead of just one. *This upgrade only applies to companies with a Dedicated Database.
Both of these features will be available through the 7.1 Server Update.
In the short video below, Zerion Software Agent Tony Ruth walks through the POST update.