iForm for iOS Common Questions
What is iForm ES for iOS?
iForm ES adds a higher level of security to the standard iForm application. Going beyond the standard Apple security protocol, iForm ES is engineered with a secure workflow in mind.
PLEASE NOTE: 10 consecutive failed login attempts will destroy the local database on the device. Once the database is destroyed, the data CANNOT be recovered.
What are the key features of iForm ES for iOS?
- KEYSTROKES: Built into iOS is a keystroke logging mechanism that assists with predictive text. To maintain a high level of security with iForm ES, it was imperative to disable this logging mechanism. This feature is currently only available on the iOS version of ES and not Android.
- CHALLENGE PASSWORD: iFormES asks the user to enter a challenge password every time the application is opened. This password is required to enter the application.
PLEASE NOTE: If a user has changed his or her iForm password, they must enter the old password on the challenge screen the first time after making the change. Once inside the iForm app, the user can type in his or her new password and sync. Following this initial sync, the user can now use the new password on the challenge screen.
- SECURITY TIMEOUT: You can set this parameter to lock the user's device after a specified idle time. If no interaction takes place within this time limit, the challenge password will be presented to the user for verification.
- ENCRYPTED LOCAL DATABASE: The local client database is encrypted, so even if the device is lost or stolen, your data is safe from extraction.
- ELEMENT LEVEL ENCRYPTION: Use this feature with your public and private key pair to specify certain fields to be stored encrypted in the database. When a field is marked for encryption the only way to decrypt the data is using your private RSA key. This feature is currently only available on the iOS version of ES and not Android.