We are proud to announce that after months of development and testing, the iForm 5.0 client has been sent off to Apple for review. All server environments have been updated for compatibility and we are hopeful for a swift approval. We couldn’t have done it without your ideas and feedback and support and for that we thank you.
There are so many exciting new features to share with you. Along with a new folder view of the forms, we’ve also incorporated the Admin Console that you’re used to dealing with on the web side into the iPad client so that you can view, sort, filter and print data right from the client. And that’s just one of the many new features of 5.0. We hope you enjoy this update as much as we do. Here’s a quick look at some of the new features!
Summary Notes of 5.0
- Resume from background immediately (no splash transition)
- New folder view for the form layout Learn here
- 5.0 now leverages the full screen size of the iPad
- New Admin Console (iPad only) Learn here
- Assign records from Admin Console (iPad only) Learn here
- Send notifications directly from the client Learn here
- Form Localization Learn here
- Added API for notifications (requires private DB)
- Added "Last Record Modified Location" to Data Views page.
- Data Detail (single record HTML view) supports TYPE=TOP and TYPE=ID as arguments for large/complex records
- Support for iPhone5 and iPad Mini on licensing page
- Show ID of record when viewing "subform" records rather than the PARENT_RECORD_ID
- Recursive delete for child records when the parent record is deleted.
- Fixed a bug on licensing page that shows incorrect last login date-time for users with multiple licenses.
This thread is open for comments so let us know what you think!