Updates as of June 21, 2017:
- Zerion DC for Android is now available for download.
- Zerion DC for iOS is now available on the app store.
- iForm is now available on the app store.
- iForm ES is now available on the app store.
- iForm Kiosk is now available on the app store.
We have completed the App updates to support Dropbox API Version 2 and some of the apps are currently available. See below:
- iOS App Store The iForm, iForm ES, iForm Kiosk, and Zerion DC apps have been pushed to the app store and are currently In Review. We will update the article when the app has been approved and pushed to the app store.
- Google Play The updated iForm app is available in the app store and Zerion DC will be available shortly. Install iForm.
- White Labels We will start distributing White Label updates today.
- Older Android Devices If you are unable to upgrade to Android 4.3 please fill out this form to request the application.
Updates as of June 19, 2017:
- June 19, 2017: Re-Linking is no longer required for media to be stored in Dropbox.
- June 21, 2017: Server Deployment to support Dropbox API V2
- June 21, 2017: Apps sent to app stores (Should be available within 24 hours of release to the respective app stores).
- June 28, 2017: Deadline to take app update before any hosted media will not be downloaded.
An upcoming update will be REQUIRED for our iOS and Android apps in order to continue using Dropbox for media storage and hosting of form media.
What's covered in this article?
- What's changing?
- Why is the upgrade required?
- Who is affected by this change?
- When is this change happening?
- What if I have a White Label version of the app?
- What if my Android cannot upgrade to 4.3 or higher?
- Who can I contact with questions?
In order to comply with Dropbox's API version 2 upgrade, we will be upgrading our code to support this new version on both the app side and server side.
Why is this upgrade required?
The current version of iForm and Zerion DC are written using version 1 of the Dropbox API. Dropbox is turning off their API version 1 on June 28, 2017, and only supporting version 2 moving forward.
Who is affected by this change?
If you are using Dropbox to host form media or reference material such as PDFs, images and more you will be affected and will need to take an app update.
If you are using Dropbox for media storage you will be affected and will need to re-link your Dropbox account.
When is this change happening?
We are working on an app update to be pushed out to the app stores as soon as possible. We will also be making updates to your iFormBuilder.com or Zerion account.
What if I have a White Label version of the app?
If you have a white label, an updated app will be built and delivered to you for distribution prior to the June 28, 2017 deadline.
What if my Android cannot upgrade to 4.3 or higher?
Android devices running a version lower than 4.3 will not be able to upgrade the application. You can continue using the application but your media and resources from Dropbox will not download to your device.
PLEASE NOTE: We will provide an updated app that can be installed from a download link which will allow users running 4.2 and lower to download a version with the fix.
Who can I contact with questions?
Please comment in the below section so that Q&A can be shared. If you're not comfortable posting your questions, you can email our team at email@example.com.