What you need to know
- What are Zerion Documents?
- What is a Microsoft Office Zerion Document?
- How do I create a Microsoft Office Zerion Document template?
- How do I create a Microsoft Office Zerion Document?
What are Zerion Documents?
Zerion Documents allows you to easily populate a document with the data you've collected, and automatically send it to a variety of locations. The data you collect, whether from one form or many, can be merged into multiple documents.
Zerion Documents provides you with customizable options for any type of document. You can choose from PDFs, WordDocs, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations or create your own using Zerion Document’s simple document builder.
Click here for more information on Zerion Documents.
What is a Microsoft Office Zerion Document?
Microsoft Office Zerion Documents allow for a document to be edited after a merge. Much like the Fillable PDF, you will upload a template, with the merge fields, and then map your data to those fields. The biggest benefit of the Office Document is the ability to open and modify the file after creation.
How do I create an Office Document template?
To create an Office Document template, you'll need to build that in Microsoft Word. Once the template is created, you'll be able to create your Microsoft Office Zerion Document. PLEASE NOTE: At the bottom of this article there are two templates you can download as examples.
Click here for more information on creating a Microsoft Office Template.
How do I create an Office Zerion Document?
To create an Office Document, please follow the instructions below.
From the Zerion Console, select Documents.
From inside the Documents interface, select New Document.
Name you Document and click Next.
You'll be able to choose from three different document types:
- Build Your Own
- Fillable PDF
- Office Document
For the purposes of this how-to, click on Office Document.
Choose the template you've created.
With your template uploaded, click Create Document.
Customize the settings of your Office Document.
- Output Type: This allows you to output your Office Document as either an MS Word file, a PDF or JPEG.
- File Name: Add an extension onto the name of your PDF file.
- Timezone: Choose the Timezone you want the Fillable PDF to reflect.
- Status: Choose the status of the Fillable PDF.
- Active: This should be used when the Document has been developed, tested and ready to roll out.
- Test Mode: Should be used during the development and testing of the Document. This will not count against your Document count and will include a watermark notating the Test Mode.
- Inactive: This should be used you don't want the Document to be live.
On the right-hand side of the screen, click Save & Next.
Test your document by filling in the fields of your template.
Select Test Document.
The file will download locally to your computer.
Open the created test document and confirm it has mapped correctly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.