What you need to know
- What are Zerion Documents?
- What is a Fillable PDF Document?
- How do I create a PDF template?
- How do I create a Fillable PDF Document?
What are Zerion Documents?
Zerion Documents allows you to easily populate a document with the data you've collected, and automatically send it to a variety of locations. The data you collect via iFormBuilder, whether from one form or many, can be merged into multiple documents.
Zerion Documents provides you with customizable options for any type of document. You can choose from PDFs, WordDocs, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations or create your own using Zerion Document’s simple document builder.
What is a Fillable PDF Document?
Fillable PDFs are great for documents that need a specific formatting structure with data that will not vary in length.
How do I create a PDF template?
To create a fillable PDF, you'll need to use a software program like Nitro Pro. Once the template is created, you'll be able to create you Fillable PDF in Zerion Documents.
How do I create a Fillable PDF Document?
To create a Fillable PDF Document, please follow the instructions below.
From the Zerion Console, select Documents.
From inside the Documents interface, select New Document.
Name you Document and click Next.
You'll be able to choose from three different document types:
- Build Your Own
- Fillable PDF
- Office Document
For the purposes of this how-to, click on Fillable PDF.
Choose the template you've created (using Nitro or another program) for your Fillable PDF.
With your template uploaded, click Create Document.
Customize the settings of your Fillable PDF.
- Output Type: This allows you to output your Fillable PDF as either a PDF or JPEG.
- Flatten: If you flatten your Fillable PDF, it cannot be edited once populated.
- File Name: Add an extension onto the name of your PDF file.
- Timezone: Choose the Timezone you want the Fillable PDF to reflect.
- Status: Choose the status of the Fillable PDF.
- Active: This should be used when the Document has been developed, tested and ready to roll out.
- Test Mode: Should be used during the development and testing of the Document. This will not count against your Document count and will include a watermark notating the Test Mode.
- Inactive: This should be used you don't want the Document to be live.
On the right-hand side of the screen, click Save & Next.
Test your document by filling in the fields of your template.
Select Test Document.
The file will download locally to your computer.
Open the created test PDF and confirm it has mapped correctly.