iForm for iOS Settings
- What is the local database?
- What does cleaning the local database do?
- Why should I clean the local database?
- How do I clean the local database on my iOS device?
What is the local database?
The local database is created the first time you sync the iForm app. It houses all the data you collect through the app.
What does cleaning the local database do?
Cleaning the local database will clear all application data for the logged in user. This includes records saved locally on the device, forms, and any client customization.
PLEASE NOTE: All records which have not yet been successfully synced to the server should be synced prior to cleaning the local database as all they will be deleted from the device.
Why should I clean the local database?
Cleaning a local database can be helpful in the following situations:
- Subforms are still showing on the device even though they are unassigned.
- Client Customization images are not appearing on the device when utilizing Dropbox.
- Forms elements are unordered on the device.
- You've emptied a look-up table and loaded it with new data.
How do I clean the local database on my iOS device?
To clean the local database on your iOS device, please follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. From inside the app, click the Gear icon.
STEP 2. Select Clean Local Database.
PLEASE NOTE: If Clean Local Database is greyed out, please sync your device.
STEP 3. Click YES (Empty) to confirm.
STEP 4. Click OK.