form builder elements
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- How do I create a form?
- What is the Time element?
- How do I add the Time element to my form?
- How do I dynamically populate the Time element?
How do I create a form?
With our newest form builder, building a form is now easier and more intuitive than ever.
What is the Time element?
The Time element allows users to enter time, based on a localized format.
How do I add the Time element to my form?
To add the Time element, please follow the instructions below.
From inside the form builder, click the Time button from the left-hand menu. You'll see it populate the device view.
On the right-hand side, you'll see the element properties. Enter the name of your element (A), and if you like, a description of what information should be entered in the element when collecting (B).
Note that if you check the Based on Label option, it will create a data column based on the Label on the element.
Save your form.
How do I dynamically populate the Time element?
Declare your variable. This can be named whatever you like. In this example, we'll be using myTime.
Each number represents a different aspect of time.
- 1988 - The year.
- 3 - The month. Note that the number used for the month is an index value which starts at 0. So while April is the 4th month, its index value is 3.
- 12 - The day of the month.
- 6 - The hour of the day. Note that this number is based on a 24-hour clock. So this will reflect 6 am. If you wanted 6 pm, this number would be 18.
- 30 - The minutes of the hour.
- 0 - The seconds of the minute.
This will work on both the Date and Time widgets individually, but will only use the numbers that are applicable. For instance, the Time widget would only reflect 6:30 am.
In the Dynamic Value of the element place your variable. In this example, it will be myTime.