form builder elements
- What are the 3 Golden Rules of form building?
- What is the Label element?
- How do I add the Label element to my form?
WHAT ARE THE 3 GOLDEN RULES OF FORM BUILDING?
The 3 Golden Rules of form building are:
- Always test your form before going live.
- Data column names must be unique to the form, and database friendly.
- DO NOT change Input Type, Data Size, or Encryption for an element on a live form. If data has been collected in an element, and any of those are changed, the data collected in those elements will be lost.
What is the Label element?
The Label element allows you to add uneditable text to your form which can be used for providing instructions to your users, identifying different sections of your form or similar uses.
How do I add the Label element to my form?
To add the Label element, please follow the instructions below.
STEP 1. From inside the form builder, click the Label button from the left-hand menu. You'll see it populate the device view.
STEP 2. On the right-hand side, you'll see the element properties. Enter the name of your element.
PLEASE NOTE: If you check the Based on Label option, it will create a data column based on the Label on the element.
STEP 3. Save your form.